Author Topic: fish hawk x4  (Read 929 times)

fishsniffer

fish hawk x4
« on: March 01, 2011, 05:04:57 PM »
just bought this unit..hoping i did good..been using the sub troll..has anyone had any issues with the x4

James Main

• 1 MAINIAC
  • Administrator
  • Referrals: 4
Re: fish hawk x4
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 05:38:52 PM »
I am still running my Depth Raider. The X4 is a major upgrade from the old Fish Hawk I have not heard a single complaint yet. I really don't think you will miss the Sub Troll at all even though I don't think the blow back of the coated cable is as much a issue as some make it out to be cause on most days there is very little difference between the coated cable and  non coated cable as far as blowback is concerned on my boat and I troll fast all the time.

SeaCatMich

• Referrals: 0
Re: fish hawk x4
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 10:45:20 AM »
I sold my Depth Raider at the Grandville swap meet, added some $$$ and ordered the X4 earlier this week.  The DR did a good job for 3 years but I really never liked the coated cable.  Used to have a FishHawk 840 that started having problems the last 2 seasons I had it.  It got broke when I moved and I got the DR instead.

I have heard nothing but good things about the X4.  Found it for $580 shipped at Reed's in Minnesota (http://netbungee.com/Pictures/Frabill%20Walleye%20with%20fish.jpg).  Best price by far.

Ryan