Author Topic: Actually went Ice fishing  (Read 686 times)

James Main

• 1 MAINIAC
  • Administrator
  • Referrals: 4
Actually went Ice fishing
« on: February 10, 2013, 12:05:09 PM »
Spent  a few hours on the ice  yesterday first time  in decades. I honestly can't remember  when the last time I ice fished was probably the early 80's. Got skunked  but still had  fun the  suit  was warm almost  too warm. I got talked into buying a ice fishing pole by my FIL 5 years ago but then we never  went so got to use it. What a piece of  crap the reel broke on the first hole  which left me  hand lining  it the rest of the morning. It still was fun to be  fishing I will go again next weekend somewhere.

James Main

• 1 MAINIAC
  • Administrator
  • Referrals: 4
Re: Actually went Ice fishing
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 12:34:29 PM »
Well a couple  weekends later I went again this morning same results no fish however  the drill adapter worked great. A 7in  auger is  a lot for a 18v DeWalt drill so only about dozen holes  through 15in of  ice per battery and  it does not have the power  to let you push it  thru the ice  you have to lift  it and let it spin. However I will take  the 15secs  a hole  vs  hand drilling. Steve landed 4 fish 2 small gills and 2 small bass all fishing  wrigglers near  the bottom in 30fow. I had  several hits  but  no fish hooked up.

anything